Monday, April 29, 2013


April 28th

Hello everybody,
So sorry about last week because of the new missionaries and everything there have been big changes in the progress out here.  Elder Bee left, and I have to say the biggest thing I learned from him is that these are real people, they are Gods children, treat them as such.   Listen and desire the people’s salvation. Especially with everything that happened with Elder Bee, and with Grandy and all, I think I definitely succeed in making him my brother.   It was actually pretty cool he happened to move down to an area where one of our investigators moved, so we’re both hoping that he will find him. My language isn’t perfect by far but it keeps improving.   In all honesty if you want to pray for me about the Chinese pray that I will understand the people. But something cool related to that… every time, since the beginning of my mission I have been able to share my testimony and the spiritual things that the people needed to hear with perfect Chinese. There has not been one time that the Lord has not allowed me to share my testimony. My normal conversation Chinese is low, but when I am teaching a lesson and there is no stopping me. I know that it is all through Heavenly Father and Him letting me speak and giving me the gift of lounges.
Well just a quick shout out to my brother Colby who got his master’s degree Friday,  and I would like to thank him for being such an amazing example to me my whole life!
My new companion Elder Taylor is awesome he is a super funny guy easy to get along with and a super good missionary! He just came from being a zone leader and he is helping me remember a lot about what leaders need to do and their responsibilities. He is from bountiful Utah and he is a runner and wants to be a dentist.
Oh by the way brother Wilkinson you are the right man for the job! You just keep doing what you’re doing and if you need anything let me know.
This week Elder Taylor  and I were on foot most of the week and it was crazy how much we got done and how many people we found and the people we were able to visit.  But something that I have really remembered and tried to magnify with Elder Taylor is "forget yourself and go to work", and "focus on serving others". You just feel happy all the time, which I am really happy about because here in Taiwan they don’t like people doing service for them. Back in America I would just ask everyone if they needed help and start helping them.  This week I finally got to serve someone here.   This old grandpa was trying to move some stuff for his food stand and I went over and he actually accepted my help and I loved it! Elder Taylor and I are doing some good work. I’m not going to lie, it feels good to be out of the greenie status and be able to work a lot.
  Alright well do you know what time it is? That’s right… it’s the time when I say read your scriptures, say your prayers. Trust in the Lord, love the Lord.  Trust yourself and love everyone. But this week I will say this all so. Thank you! The more I come to a realization how much the Lord does for me the more I come to thank him. And for something I haven’t done in a while which I just got permission to do go to this link.   http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/mormon-messages/mormon-messages-2010?lang=eng&start=25&end=36#2010-11-23-thanksgiving-daily. And ponder these questions at the end of every day no matter how bad it is. Do I still know that I am a child of God? Do I know that he is trying to help me? And then look at your hands see the potential they have as a child of God. And go out and do some good in the world. I love you all I know that we are all children of our Heavenly Father.  In the name of our Lord, our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.                                       
  Love Elder Green

1 comment: